This series is designed to give teams a comprehensive set of skills that will increase professional effectiveness and satisfaction while reducing workplace conflict, drama and stress.
- Professional Resilience: Your Best Under Pressure
- Team Building: Skills for Effective Teaming & Healthy Staff Interactions
- Managing Challenging Change
- Personal Isn’t Professional
- Work Styles: Bringing Out the Best in Yourself and Others
- The Physiology of Leadership & Success
Being Our Best
Generating Great Work and Great Working Environments
This series is designed to give you a comprehensive set of skills that increase professional effectiveness and satisfaction while reducing workplace conflict, drama and stress. Topics include:
Session 1 – Your Best Self: Staying Resilient and Focused Under Pressure
Designed for professionals who work with stressed clients or in stressful work environments, this dynamic workshop helps people understand what happens to their thinking and professionalism when they are under pressure, and provides practical tips and techniques they can start using immediately to transform dramatic emotional reactions into healthy, professional responses.
This core workshop brings you the latest research on high-function brain states along with practical tips and techniques that allow you to shift your brain’s process in the heat of the moment. Learn how to think clearly under pressure and how to manage emotional reactions.
A recommended beginning point for all audiences. Participants consistently report that they emerge from this workshop with significant shifts in their ability to handle stressful scenarios well.
- Learn how the brain works
- Understand the chemistry and dynamics of ‘triggered’ emotions
- Practice accessing your focused/thinking brain
- Improve communication, listening, and questioning skills
- Enhance collaboration and negotiation skills
- Engage differences openly and optimistically, staying focused on solutions
Session 2 – Team Building: Skills for Effective Teaming & Healthy Staff Interactions
This session focuses on essential elements that develop strong teams. As in all groups, hot topics, confusion or unclear expectations can waylay good teamwork. Gain an understanding of what happens when stress and conflict occurs.
Being part of a successful, creative and well-functioning team is an energizing and fulfilling experience that fosters personal and agency success. Learn how to enhance team-esteem, increase collaboration, productivity, morale, and successful outcomes. A side benefit is that people come away with skills to decrease gossip and other harmful behaviors.
- Understand components of effective teams and stages of group development
- Renew personal motivation and shared values
- Practice feedback skills — giving, receiving and using
- Gain effective, practical skills you can use to prevent and/or work through group problems
Session 3 – Managing Challenging Change
This session focuses on building individual effectiveness and collaborative teams during times of change.
Change is guaranteed. It is the most dynamic force in the world. Our ability to adapt determines the quality of our lives. Learn how to individually and collectively move through change with greater ease, using tools that effectively reduce individual stress and team tensions.
- Understand the normal and often chaotic or uncomfortable process of change
- Shift yourself and others, move from being reactive to proactive
- Prepare for change — know what surprises to expect
- Understand why change can be draining, and why it doesn’t have to be
- Integrate recent changes — catch up with yourself
- Walk away with 15 immediately useful coping strategies
Session 4 – Personal Isn’t Professional
This session focuses on numerous areas of professional maturity — what it is and what it looks like — how to speak, listen, and engage professionally. Learn to distinguish between personal needs and professional commitments, and meet each appropriately.
As many workforces develop a relaxed and casual atmosphere, there can be confusion between meeting personal needs and following through with professional commitments. It is not uncommon for co-workers to get caught up in one another’s personal life dramas. Or they get tangled in the emotional dynamics more often associated with families. The net result is professional tension within teams and working relationships. Team success and organizational goals are put on the back burner, consciously or unconsciously.
- Identify and separate personal needs/reactions from professional responses
- Identify their own boundaries and use new awareness and tools to assess appropriate focus and behaviors on the job
- Determine which conversations are appropriate at work and which are not, and develop comfort and ability in shifting the focus to maintain appropriate professionalism
- Develop a set of behavioral guidelines that promote your mission and values
Session 5 – Work Styles: Bringing Out the Best in Yourself — and Others
This session focuses on work styles — your own and others — based on the Gregorc Adult Style Delineator, a simple self-assessment model. Develop insights and strategies to relate with greater ease and flexibility, allowing and adjusting for differences.
Understand yourself and others at a whole new level. Learn why you organize, relate and respond the way you do, why others engage the way they do, and how to work most effectively with different personalities and work styles. Emerge with practical Tips & Tools for working with others who may have very different styles.
Participants report significant decrease in team tension and an increase in team collaboration as a result of attending this class. This training is a must for anyone in management and is particularly helpful when entire teams take it together.
- Support others in ways that are effective for them
- Increase effectiveness, improve productivity and foster team success
- Support leaders in communicating, managing and supervising more effectively
- Promote healthier interactions in all relationships — at work and at home
- Bring out the hidden strengths, gifts, talents, and contributions unique to each team member’s work style
Session 6 – The Physiology of Leadership & Team Success
This session converts a broad range of brain-based research into practical information, designed specifically for leaders. It is an advanced course offering insights and tools not found anywhere else.
Leadership is pivotal to the success of organizations, large and small. At every level, advances in leadership produce greater satisfaction and improved outcomes. Research suggests that Ii as little as 1/20th of a second, staff read their manager’s non-verbal language and formulate a response — either resilient or resistant. Which do you inspire?
Participants report greater appreciation of their role as leaders, improved ability to manage themselves, and increased success in leading their teams.
- Identify and deepen your leadership strengths
- Embrace, expand and embody your influence as a leader
- Improve your ability to think clearly and respond well consistently under pressure
- Enhance staff resilience and effectiveness
- Develop new skills to handle your most challenging staff and situations with grace and clarity
- Review five fundamental guidelines that foster successful teaming
- Incorporate ongoing strategies to use with your staff throughout the year to help them stay focused, collaborative and resilient