Your Best Self: Staying Resilient and Focused Under Pressure
Designed for professionals who work with stressed clients or in stressful work environments, this dynamic workshop helps people understand what happens to their thinking and professionalism when they are under pressure, and provides practical tips and techniques they can start using immediately to transform dramatic emotional reactions into healthy, professional responses.
This core workshop brings you the latest research on high-function brain states along with practical tips and techniques that allow you to shift your brain’s process in the heat of the moment. Learn how to think clearly under pressure and how to manage emotional reactions.
A recommended beginning point for all audiences. Participants consistently report that they emerge from this workshop with significant shifts in their ability to handle stressful scenarios well.
- Learn how the brain works
- Understand the chemistry and dynamics of ‘triggered’ emotions
- Practice accessing your focused/thinking brain
- Improve communication, listening, and questioning skills
- Enhance collaboration and negotiation skills
- Engage differences openly and optimistically, staying focused on solutions
Work Styles: Bringing Out the Best in Yourself — and Others
This session focuses on work styles — your own and others — based on the Gregorc Adult Style Delineator, a simple self-assessment model. Develop insights and strategies to relate with greater ease and flexibility, allowing and adjusting for differences.
Understand yourself and others at a whole new level. Learn why you organize, relate and respond the way you do, why others engage the way they do, and how to work most effectively with different personalities and work styles. Emerge with practical Tips & Tools for working with others who may have very different styles.
Participants report significant decrease in team tension and an increase in team collaboration as a result of attending this class. This training is a must for anyone in management and is particularly helpful when entire teams take it together.
- Support others in ways that are effective for them
- Increase effectiveness, improve productivity and foster team success
- Support leaders in communicating, managing and supervising more effectively
- Promote healthier interactions in all relationships — at work and at home
- Bring out the hidden strengths, gifts, talents, and contributions unique to each team member’s work style
This training is designed for individuals, teams and organizations dealing with issues that prevent optimal performance/outcomes. Proactively, it is valuable for teams who want to learn skills to effectively navigate potentially conflictual situations.
People often confuse anger management and conflict management. This workshop helps you distinguish the difference. Learn to recognize and manage anger. Develop practical skills for dealing effectively in tense situations with self-control, diplomacy and tact. Learn to identify needs, interests and positions. Create win/win outcomes.
Participants report an increase in their ability to manage their anger and strong emotions appropriately, and resolve conflicts calmly and productively, both at home and at work.
- Increase self-awareness and self-control
- Improve your ability to express and manage feelings appropriately
- Decrease defensive and destructive communication patterns
- Maintain your personal best at all times, even during high stress moments
Working With Difficult People and Challenging Behaviors
This session is designed for leaders, managers and those that coach or supervise others. Learn how to work with those personalities and/or behaviors that are challenging for you. Understand how you contribute to the conflict, and how you can alter the dynamics with your response.
Learn how to stay authentically professional and effective, regardless of the situation. Learn to de-escalate tense interactions and situations, and refocus on productive workplace outcomes. Shift from blame to understanding. Lead for optimal outcomes, regardless of who is on your team. Practice being clear and calm, even when others may not be.
Participants report noticeable transformations in workplace relationships; previously adversarial positions shift toward more collaborative and professional partnerships.
- Create significant changes in working relationships — move from an adversarial role to getting along, understanding and appreciating one another
- Reduce tensions in the workplace
- Increase your own personal comfort zone in the workplace
Managing Stress and Preventing Burnout
This practical and fun workshop teaches immediately useful techniques that help you relax, improve your health and cope with your busy life.
The top indicators of stress include worry, anxiety, feelings of rage, depression, tension or migraine headaches, jaw, neck and lower back pain, digestive problems and interrupted sleep. Sound familiar? Research shows these experiences have become more common then ever! Learn to turn these responses around.
Participants gain an understanding of what stress is, its impact on thinking and health, and how to immediately reduce stress levels. Each person will learn multiple ways to assess their own stress level, as well as relaxation techniques that can be used at work and at home. Design a personal action plan to achieve greater health, energy and resilience.
- Recognize the physical, mental, and emotional indicators of both positive and negative stress
- Assess your personal stress levels
- Learn to stop the stress cycle and activate a relaxation response
- Understand how thoughts, emotions and stress are linked
- Appreciate the connections between play, hobby-time and workplace resilience
Managing Challenging Change
This session focuses on building individual effectiveness and collaborative teams during times of change.
Change is guaranteed. It is the most dynamic force in the world. Our ability to adapt determines the quality of our lives. Learn how to individually and collectively move through change with greater ease, using tools that effectively reduce individual stress and team tensions.
- Understand the normal and often chaotic or uncomfortable process of change
- Shift yourself and others, move from being reactive to proactive
- Prepare for change — know what surprises to expect
- Understand why change can be draining, and why it doesn’t have to be
- Integrate recent changes — catch up with yourself
- Walk away with 15 immediately useful coping strategies
The Physiology of Leadership & Team Success
This training converts a broad range of brain-based research into practical information, designed specifically for leaders. It is an advanced course offering insights and tools not found anywhere else.
Leadership is pivotal to the success of organizations, large and small. At every level, advances in leadership produce greater satisfaction and improved outcomes. Research suggests that Ii as little as 1/20th of a second, staff read their manager’s non-verbal language and formulate a response — either resilient or resistant. Which do you inspire?
Participants report greater appreciation of their role as leaders, improved ability to manage themselves, and increased success in leading their teams.
- Identify and deepen your leadership strengths
- Embrace, expand and embody your influence as a leader
- Improve your ability to think clearly and respond well consistently under pressure
- Enhance staff resilience and effectiveness
- Develop new skills to handle your most challenging staff and situations with grace and clarity
- Review five fundamental guidelines that foster successful teaming
- Incorporate ongoing strategies to use with your staff throughout the year to help them stay focused, collaborative and resilient
Personal Isn’t Professional
This training focuses on numerous areas of professional maturity — what it is and what it looks like — how to speak, listen, and engage professionally. Learn to distinguish between personal needs and professional commitments, and meet each appropriately.
As many workforces develop a relaxed and casual atmosphere, there can be confusion between meeting personal needs and following through with professional commitments. It is not uncommon for co-workers to get caught up in one another’s personal life dramas. Or they get tangled in the emotional dynamics more often associated with families. The net result is professional tension within teams and working relationships. Team success and organizational goals are put on the back burner, consciously or unconsciously.
- Identify and separate personal needs/reactions from professional responses
- Identify their own boundaries and use new awareness and tools to assess appropriate focus and behaviors on the job
- Determine which conversations are appropriate at work and which are not, and develop comfort and ability in shifting the focus to maintain appropriate professionalism
- Develop a set of behavioral guidelines that promote your mission and values
Attitudes That Work at Work: Fostering Resilience, Optimism, Accountability & Collaboration
This workshop provides practical tools for maintaining a positive mental attitude, sense of humor, resiliency, and compassion — all necessary for workplace productivity and satisfaction.
Identify the mind-sets that improve competence, personal health, and work environments.
Participants report increased awareness and motivation, and greater success in holding a positive attitude, even in pressing situations.
- Understand how attitudes form and how to change them
- Identify which attitudes enhance your energy and effectiveness
- Eliminate mind sets that drain, anger, or distract you
- Work effectively with others that have non-productive attitudes
Stop the Negativity and Gossip!
This session focuses on what makes people respond negatively, how to change the behavior or reduce the impact, and how to deal with it all effectively and professionally.
Do you find yourself avoiding people you need to work with, or do you get emotionally triggered? Do people bicker over seemingly small issues? Do you find yourself feeling caught-up in the dramas, or feeling burnt-out?
Gossip and negativity can spread quickly, but they can be stopped! There are signs and signals; when recognized and acted upon, sabotaging behaviors can be reduced and eliminated.
Participants will emerge with a greater understand why some people are consistently negative, how negativity and gossip affect work environments, and what can be done to stop it.
Team Building: Skills for Effective Teaming & Healthy Staff Interactions
This session focuses on essential elements that develop strong teams. As in all groups, hot topics, confusion or unclear expectations can waylay good teamwork. Gain an understanding of what happens when stress and conflict occurs.
Being part of a successful, creative and well-functioning team is an energizing and fulfilling experience that fosters personal and agency success. Learn how to enhance team-esteem, increase collaboration, productivity, morale, and successful outcomes. A side benefit is that people come away with skills to decrease gossip and other harmful behaviors.
- Understand components of effective teams and stages of group development
- Renew personal motivation and shared values
- Practice feedback skills — giving, receiving and using
- Gain effective, practical skills you can use to prevent and/or work through group problems
- Develop skills to respond to subtle and overt negativity
- Be aware of other’s negativity and shield yourself from the draining impact
- Practice using new tools with gossipers
- Engage methods to reduce your own gossip cycle
- Develop your own best response strategies
- Learn new methods to intervene — and ways to assess the cost / benefit balance
Dealing with Trauma: Healing and Stabilizing After Crisis
This workshop provides practical information for a greater understanding of what happens as a result of crisis and trauma. Strong physical and emotional reactions can manifest weeks or months down the road. This training develops skills and strategies to help you and others cope. Designed for all staff, participants emerge with an increased ability to address their needs and responsibilities, and to help others do so as well.
- Learn what to expect during and after a crisis
- Dealing with fear, panic and overwhelm
- Finding strength and stability
Time Management Your Way
This is not the classic day planner time management session. In this session you will assess your own style and learn how to design a time management system that works for you. Do you prefer a more predictable, scheduled routine, or tend to move in a more spontaneous manner? Learn how to manage your time and priorities according to your brain’s ordering style.
- Accomplish your highest priorities and most challenging tasks during your peak energy times
- Learn to rank, prioritize and address your time and outcome needs
- Design a daily, weekly, monthly and long term calendar that works for you
Customer Service 101
Using games to learn about and enhance customer service skills, this workshop helps participants assess and enhance their customer service skills. Participants learn to listen attentively, maintain a positive attitude, and soothe ruffled feathers. Help staff be creatively helpful and create customer confidence.
- Become an exceptional listener
- Quickly develop rapport
- Recognize different personality types — learn what works with each
- Understand and work with both internal and external customers
Giving and Receiving Feedback
Giving and receiving feedback is a critical skill for people who want to have honest relationships, both personally and professionally. Well-delivered feedback increases self-esteem, understanding, collaboration, success and teaming. When delivered or received poorly, it can do just the opposite — diminish self-confidence, receptivity, trust and good teamwork.
- Deliver effective and positive feedback
- Understand what makes feedback ineffective and negative
- Practice receiving feedback
- Dos and don’ts for dealing with upsetting feedback
Mastering Difficult Conversations
Turn stressful confrontations into collaborative conversations. This training offers key skills to help people talk about what matters in calm, clear, not-threatening ways. Learn to effectively address subjects that can cause tension, avoidance and discomfort. Understand the dynamics of feelings, words, and desired outcomes. Participants emerge skills to stay on track and problem solve collaboratively.
- Prepare for difficult conversations and engage them calmly and effectively
- Create safety for yourself and others
- Manage landmines and surprises
- Create win-win outcomes that work for everyone
Your Best During Conflict
Do you get snippy or impatient when people frustrate you? If you’re blamed for something, do you lash out and say things you regret? Do you hold grudges and then treat people differently? Do you lose sleep after you have had a disagreement with someone?
Your Best During Conflict teaches individuals and teams how to respond tactfully and maintain optimal performance in the heat of the moment. Lean how to feel strong emotions without letting them direct your behavior. Develop skills to calm yourself down after an upset or broadside moment. Learn to effectively navigate potentially conflictual situations.
People often confuse anger management with conflict management. This workshop helps you distinguish the difference and deal with both Develop practical skills for dealing effectively in tense situations. Learn to identify needs, interests, and positions. Navigate with self-control, diplomacy and tact. Create Win/Win outcomes.
This training is designed for individuals and teams dealing with issues that are getting in the way of optimal performance and best outcomes. It is also valuable for those who want to learn skills to effectively navigate potentially conflictual situations.
Participants report an increase in their ability to manage their anger and strong emotions appropriately, and to resolve conflicts calmly and productively- both at work and at home.